A Few Things for Realism / Rant on Broken Things

Go down

A Few Things for Realism / Rant on Broken Things

Post by Faltnor on Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:28 pm

Now I know some of this has been suggested before and some of this might seem unreasonable, but in the long run I believe that it will improve the playing experience of just about everybody.

First off, death needs to be a bigger deal, whether this means having to wait longer before respawning or whatever it NEEDS to be done.
Also, the Fuhrer and communist leader should have a 1 life system where they lose their job when they die.

On the note of the communist leader, why on earth is it the "communist resistance". Honestly this doesn't really make sense since the only really prominent resistance fighter in german occupied WW2 would have been the french resistance and the polish resistance, the only reason that I can see why the server has it this way is so people can be "LOLOLOLOL RUSSIAN WEAPONS LOLOLOL FRENCH SUCK" Which is honestly the only reasoning I've found behind it on the server.

On the topic of "Teams" The "Communists" should have to vote for their leader and it should not be a "First come first serve" class, and it should ONLY be the gang members that can vote in this poll. All police demotes should be handled through a vote that ONLY other police vote on, because well this leads into my next issue.

Demotes should not be the weapon of self admining the server. Because that's what they are used for as of right now. If someone gets shot by someone they immediately try to demote them, which is kind of silly and doesn't really allow for any kind of RP.

Speaking of RDM, I understand that weapons are fairly expensive so as to make it hard to aquire them and shoot people, but there are 2 things that faulty this system, first of all, the police can drop their guns and pocket them, which I have seen many cops do, then switch to resistance with a new armload of firearms. Issue number 2 is that the thief and communist leader spawn with weapons and NIETHER needs to be voted in which to me is just plain silly. People have tried to justify both by saying they need it because it suits their job. Which I call bullshit on because they can buy them themselves if they needed them and why doesn't the spy get a knife then? Why don't ALL communist fighters spawn with rifles? Because that would be ridicules that's why, so why trust 3 people with weapons that don't have to be voted in? It just doesn't make sense.

Just some other random things that bother me:
Kommandant needs more authoritative powers, such as the ability to automatically demote any officer he chooses.
Doktor should be spelled Doctor
Why do cops get knives AND Stun sticks?
Why no un-scoped mosin nagant?
A better way to deal with RDMers then just demoting them is needed.
A better way to deal with people who demote for no reason is needed.
The Fuhrer should NOT be able to be demoted, only assassinated.

I understand this is Lite RP, but some basic RP rules NEED to be enforced because they simply aren't present on the server.
In Character Chat in OOC
People using Advert for OOC
The new life rule doesn't even exist here.

I'm pretty sure I'm done ranting but my last note is that in the server tool tips that pop up it says that ALL guns are illegal and yet people still OPENLY sell guns. It even says it in the Black market dealer job description not to sell to Germans and yet I see it all the time.

I hope you guys actually took the time to read all this and I hope to see some of it implemented in the future.

-Faltnor

Faltnor

Dick Length (in inches) : 21
Balls : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Few Things for Realism / Rant on Broken Things

Post by Kontra on Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:34 am

Faltnor wrote:Now I know some of this has been suggested before and some of this might seem unreasonable, but in the long run I believe that it will improve the playing experience of just about everybody.

First off, death needs to be a bigger deal, whether this means having to wait longer before respawning or whatever it NEEDS to be done.
Also, the Fuhrer and communist leader should have a 1 life system where they lose their job when they die.

+Support

On the note of the communist leader, why on earth is it the "communist resistance". Honestly this doesn't really make sense since the only really prominent resistance fighter in german occupied WW2 would have been the french resistance and the polish resistance, the only reason that I can see why the server has it this way is so people can be "LOLOLOLOL RUSSIAN WEAPONS LOLOLOL FRENCH SUCK" Which is honestly the only reasoning I've found behind it on the server.

Maybe just have two teams to solve the historically inaccurate problem.
-French Resistance and the Russian Liberation?

On the topic of "Teams" The "Communists" should have to vote for their leader and it should not be a "First come first serve" class, and it should ONLY be the gang members that can vote in this poll. All police demotes should be handled through a vote that ONLY other police vote on, because well this leads into my next issue.

+Support

Demotes should not be the weapon of self admining the server. Because that's what they are used for as of right now. If someone gets shot by someone they immediately try to demote them, which is kind of silly and doesn't really allow for any kind of RP.

+Support

Speaking of RDM, I understand that weapons are fairly expensive so as to make it hard to aquire them and shoot people, but there are 2 things that faulty this system, first of all, the police can drop their guns and pocket them, which I have seen many cops do, then switch to resistance with a new armload of firearms. Issue number 2 is that the thief and communist leader spawn with weapons and NIETHER needs to be voted in which to me is just plain silly. People have tried to justify both by saying they need it because it suits their job. Which I call bullshit on because they can buy them themselves if they needed them and why doesn't the spy get a knife then? Why don't ALL communist fighters spawn with rifles? Because that would be ridicules that's why, so why trust 3 people with weapons that don't have to be voted in? It just doesn't make sense.

-Support I think that a knife inst really a big problem and i don't see any reason to really remove it from these classes.

Just some other random things that bother me:

Kommandant needs more authoritative powers, such as the ability to automatically demote any officer he chooses.
Support+

Doktor should be spelled Doctor
Support- Makes it feel more german.

Why do cops get knives AND Stun sticks?
Support+ Remove knifes.

Why no un-scoped mosin nagant?
The gun they used only comes in a scoped form. But there are a couple of non scoped version floating around garrysmod.org

A better way to deal with RDMers then just demoting them is needed.
Support+

A better way to deal with people who demote for no reason is needed.

Support+

The Fuhrer should NOT be able to be demoted, only assassinated.

Support+

I understand this is Lite RP, but some basic RP rules NEED to be enforced because they simply aren't present on the server.
In Character Chat in OOC
People using Advert for OOC
The new life rule doesn't even exist here.

I think the problem here is the lack of admins.

I'm pretty sure I'm done ranting but my last note is that in the server tool tips that pop up it says that ALL guns are illegal and yet people still OPENLY sell guns. It even says it in the Black market dealer job description not to sell to Germans and yet I see it all the time.

Well there isn't too much you can do about this. Maybe if Devan made a code so that Germans can pick up guns that are sold by the black market dealer it would solve this.

I hope you guys actually took the time to read all this and I hope to see some of it implemented in the future.

-Faltnor
Kontra

Dick Length (in inches) : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:52 pm

Darkrp = Lite RP = Non realistic

Seriousrp = Realistic
Admin
Community Owner
Community Owner

IC Name : Devan Krieg
Steam ID : STEAM_0:1:12150295
Dick Length (in inches) : 18436
Balls : 9

View user profile http://1941.fullboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DroolingPacman on Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:55 pm

The one thing I can say is that most likely only a few of these issues will be fixed anytime soon. The DarkRP server is there because it can be, we arn't really looking for anything out of it. All of the work we are currently doing is towards the serious script which is close to completion, as for the lack of enforcement for basic RP rules, the issue is that we don't have enough basic admins. Only I myself and Wildjames really ever come on to keep the server "Clean" but we cannot be around all the time. We have applications open but alot of the time it's just mingey people wanting power joining the fourms and shitting out any fourm of application and kiss-ass they can. We need some of you better players to take the initiative and make a serious application attempt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you ask, yes I love anime, and userbars...
DroolingPacman
Community Manager
Community Manager

Steam ID : Sfctrekie
Dick Length (in inches) : 9205
Balls : 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Faltnor on Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:17 pm

Honestly, the only reason I haven't applied for admin myself is because "applying" for admin is kinda silly. Admins should be hand picked from the community and only given to players who are dedicated to making the server a better place to be. That's what all my suggestions are about. If you really think that a player like myself should be admin then it should be something that other admins should vote on, not some publicly posted job application.

Faltnor

Dick Length (in inches) : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anarchy on Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:53 pm

I agree but the fuhrer should still be able to be demoted because i have seen some really bad ones...
Anarchy

IC Name : Anarchy
Steam ID : STEAM_0:1:24324206
Dick Length (in inches) : 105

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down